Sparkes Wellness is now at www.sparkeswellness.com!

CLICK HERE for the Sparkes Wellness website and all updated information.

Thanks!



Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm a Celiac Chick

As many of you know I'm a Celiac Chick! (Remember my Gluten Free Thanksgiving post?)

I live with Celiac disease, an autoimmune disorder that destroys the lining of your small intestine when you eat foods containing gluten.

Once you get diagnosed it's not too bad! If you eat a gluten free diet (no wheat, rye, barley, or any derivatives of proteins found in those foods), your symptoms will disappear and your health will improve.

Thanks to growing awareness it's easier to buy gluten free foods at grocery stores and find meal options at restaurants. Plus you can find a bunch of resources on the Internet. My favorites are the Celiac Chicks website, a hip & healthy guide to gluten free living, and the NYC Celiac Meetup group.

When I was in Asheville, NC over the holidays I stumbled upon the Posana Cafe, %100 gluten free! I was so impressed with this place that I wrote a guest blog about it for the Celiac Chicks website.

To read it and see more pics, click HERE!

Chocolate-Raspberry Truffle Cake w/almond ice cream (%100 gf)